Repurpose your content, and publish videos that are up to 60 seconds long to Youtube Shorts, Instagram Reels, Facebook Reels, LinkedIn Profiles, and TikTok! This can all be done directly in StreamYard.
Add your Shorts and Reels Destinations
To post a Short or Reel to a social media platform, you will first need to record a video, and add a destination. Here's how:
1. Head to your Destinations, and click Repurpose.
2. Select your desired destination. We'll walk you through the process of connecting it! To learn more about adding your Instagram account, click here.
Once you successfully connect your destination, you will see them listed in your Destinations. Now you're ready to post your shorts and reels!
How to Create and Publish Shorts or Reels
1. From the dashboard, click Library.
2. Click on the video you'd like to turn into a Short or Reel, then click the Edit & Repurpose button in the top right.
3. Click Shorts and Reels.
3. Trim your video to your desired length by clicking to drag the sides of the blue box to highlight your selection. Shorts and Reels can be between 5-60 seconds long. StreamYard will convert the video into a 9:16 vertical format by adding a blurred effect to the top and bottom of your video.
You can use the + and - buttons to zoom the video timeline in and out. The Fit button will fit the full timeline on screen.
5. After trimming your desired portion, choose to save the clip for publishing at a later timeby clicking the Save button. To publish the Short/Reel immediately, click Select Destinations.
6. Select the destinations you would like to publish your Short/Reel to by clicking on the icons to highlight them. Click the + to add a new destination. Then write a description for the video.
7. Click Customize for each destination if you are publishing to multiple destinations. You can choose to customize the description for each platform. Then click Publish to publish your Short or Reel!
8. If you're publishing to TikTok, continue with these steps.
After your Short/Reel is published you will see it listed among your other recordings in your video library. If you want to download it, click the Download button. Clicking the three dots on the right will allow you to view your Short/Reel on the platforms they were published to. If you decided to save your Short/Reel for publishing at a later date, you can use this menu to publish it!
If I already published my Short or Reel, would I be able to add another destination to publish to later?
Yes! You can publish it to other platforms by clicking Publish. You can also download the clip directly to your computer, and manually publish it to other platforms.
Can I create a Short or Reel longer than 60 seconds?
No, it's not possible at this time to create a Short or Reel that is longer than 60 seconds or under 5 seconds long, however, you can publish videos that are up to 20 minutes long on YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn Profiles. Learn more about how to do this here.
Can I zoom or re-center my video so there is no blur effect?
No, it is not possible to zoom or re-center your clip at this time. We plan on adding this in the future.
If I use the @ symbol in my video's description, will it tag that person?
Yes, including the @ symbol in the description of your short or reel will tag that person when it is published.
Can I use the split feature to use two different parts of the stream?
The split feature is not available while creating shorts and reels at this time. You are only able to trim your video selection to capture a consecutive portion of it.
Does this mean I can now live stream to Instagram and TikTok?
Only a select few have access to streaming live to Instagram and TikTok via RTMP. More info here.
Can I link my Facebook Page to my Instagram Account FROM Facebook?
No, you must link your Facebook Page on Instagram. More info here.
What destinations can I post Shorts and Reels to?
Instagram Reels, Facebook Reels, YouTube shorts, LinkedIn profiles and TikTok.