Greenroom is now available on StreamYard's Business Plan! The Greenroom is a waiting area for guests to prepare with hosts and producers before they enter the studio to go live.
Hosts can have private video calls with guests in the Greenroom, where they can check that the guest's microphone, camera, and shareable content is set up correctly and ready to go before entering the studio. Hosts can then seamlessly move the guest from the Greenroom to the Studio. This helps everyone feel better prepared and comfortable before heading on screen.
Before it can be used, Greenroom must be enabled. This has to be set once per Broadcast.
- Create or enter a broadcast studio from the Broadcasts page.
- Click "Settings" at the bottom of the studio.
- Click "Guests" on the left, and check the box to enable "Greenroom" for guests of this broadcast.
Send your guest the same "Invite Guest" link your normally send. Now, your guests will join your Greenroom, instead of the backstage of the studio. You will see them join under the "People" tab on the right.
Using the Greenroom, as a Host
As a host, you'll be able to privately call guests, and move them to and from the studio.
To get started, click the People tab on the right side of the studio.
A list of all studio participants will be shown, as well as their status (Studio or Greenroom), controls to move them to/from the studio, call them privately, and edit their settings.
Initiating a private call
To initiate a private call, click the phone icon on the guest you'd like to call.
After a moment, the guest's video will appear, along with controls to end the call, and adjust the playback volume of the Guest and Studio.
If the guest shares their screen, a video, or slides, a selector will appear to switch between their camera, and what they're sharing.
Moving guests to and from the Studio
To move a guest to the studio (backstage), click the up arrow "Move to studio (backstage)" button on them. This will NOT add them to the stream, they will stay backstage until you click to add them on screen.
The guest will appear at the bottom of the studio backstage, and can then be added to the stream.
To move a guest back to the greenroom, first remove them from the stream (if added), then click the down arrow "Move to Greenroom" button on them.
Using the Greenroom, as a Guest
As a guest, the host can privately call you, and add/remove you from the studio at any time.
When first joining the broadcast studio, you'll be placed in the greenroom.
Your camera feed is shown in the middle of the screen, and you can adjust settings or prepare screen/video/slide shares using the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
On the right side of the studio, in the "People" tab, you can see a list of other participants and their status (in the greenroom, or in the studio.
You can send private chat messages to participants by clicking on their name in the People tab on the right, and typing in the chat box below. Messages can also be sent to the whole studio, or just participants in the greenroom.
- How Do I Access StreamYard Greenroom? StreamYard greenroom is available on the StreamYard Business plan.
- How Many People Can Be In StreamYard Greenroom At A Time? You can have up to 25 guests in the StreamYard Greenroom+Studio at a time, along with 1 Host/Producer in the Studio.(For example, 10 Greenroom guests and 15 Studio participants, or 20 Greenroom guests and 5 Studio participants)
- Can Greenroom guests talk privately with other guests? Only hosts and co-hosts can make private 1:1 calls with Greenroom guests. Greenroom guests can still privately chat with other guests using the private text chat on the right side of the studio.
- What happens when a guest is moved into the studio? The guest will see a message ‘You are being moved backstage. Get ready!' and in a few seconds, be moved to the backstage of the Studio.
- What happens when a guest is moved into the studio and on a private call? The private call will end, and the guest will be moved to the Studio.
- What happens if I try to call a participant that is already on a private call? A red icon is displayed next to anyone that is on a private call, and the call button is disabled.
- How do I move someone from the stage to the Greenroom? First, remove them from the stream (click "Remove" on them). Then, move them to the Greenroom.
- What if I receive a private call, but am in another tab/window? A chime sound is played, and the StreamYard tab icon will flash to alert you of the call.
- Can guests see the stage/what's happening on stream? No.
- As a host, where will new guests show up when they join? Guests will show up under the People tab on the right.
- Will shared slides/screens/videos carry over from the greenroom to the Studio? No, shared items will need to be re-shared once in the Studio.