StreamYard now has built-in support for sharing presentations and slides! You can upload and share presentations and PDFs directly from StreamYard without having to screen-share another app.
- From inside the StreamYard studio, click Present at the bottom of the studio, then Slides.
- From here, you can see your previously uploaded slides, as well as options to import from Google Slides, or upload files from your computer.
- To import a Google Slides presentation, choose Google Slides, sign in to your Google account, allow StreamYard access to Slides, choose the presentation you'd like to import, and click Select.
Or, to upload a presentation from your computer, choose Your computer, and select the file from your device.
- After processing, your presentation will appear backstage in the studio, underneath the main window. Click Add to stage on it to add it to the stage and show it on screen.
- You can control your presentation using the controls on-screen.
Or, in the small preview in the backstage section of the studio:
Who can slide share?
Admins, creators, cohosts, and guests all have the ability to share slides. If guests share a slide, both the host, and the guest have the ability to advance through the slides. If team members (admins, creators, cohosts) share a slide, only they can control it.
How many presentations can I upload?
You can have up to 20 presentations saved to StreamYard at a time. Guests can upload 2 presentations at a time without creating an account.
How many presentations can I have pre-loaded backstage at a time?
You can have up to 10 presentations ready backstage at a time.
How large can my presentation files be?
The max size for uploaded presentations is currently 50MB.
How long can my presentation be?
An uploaded PowerPoint or PDF file can be a maximum of 200 slides long. A Google Slides presentation can be a maximum of 100 slides long.
What file types are supported?
Most PowerPoint and Impress files are supported, as well as PDFs.
(Keynote files should be converted to .pdf first). You can upload the following file types: .pptx, .ppt, .pps, .ppsx, .odp, .pdf.
Why is my Google Slideshow not appearing?
If this was a PowerPoint you uploaded into Google Slides, it may still be in a .pptx format. You can click File -> Save as Google Slides to convert it to a Google Slideshow, in order to be able to select it.
Are animations/audio/video supported?
Animations, audio, and video in presentations are not currently supported. For the best video experience, we recommend to share a video, which is optimized for your viewers/destinations.
Need to share a presentation with animations/audio/video? You can screen-share PowerPoint or Google Slides!