StreamYard now has built-in support for sharing slides! See here for more information.
If you'd still like to screen-share Google Slides, here's how:
- Open up your Google Slides presentation in a new tab or browser window. A new browser window would be easiest, as you can have StreamYard and Google Slides side by side
- Open StreamYard, enter/create your broadcast studio, click “Present” at the bottom, then click “Share Screen.”
- From the list of windows, you want to choose “Presentation name - Google Slides”, under Chrome Tab.
- In Google Slides, click "Slideshow" in the top right.
- Click “Add to stage” on your screen share, if it wasn’t already added to the stage.
- Choose one of the layouts that allows for a screen share.
- Depending on your layout, you should now see something like this:
To control the presentation, click into the Google Slides slide show window, and use the spacebar/arrow keys/click to move to the next slide as normal
Pro tip: If your Google Slides presentation has audio, you can share that by using Chrome, selecting "Chrome Tab" when sharing, and enabling "Share audio"