It's easy to share a Powerpoint Presentation in your live stream with StreamYard! It is easier to manage if you have two monitors, however it’s perfectly doable with one.
- Open up your PowerPoint presentation, click to “Slide Show”, and click “From beginning” (or start on whichever slide you like with “From Current Slide”).
Note: If you use multiple monitors, make sure to disable "Use Presenter View" for the slideshow to appear on only one monitor. You can choose which monitor it will display on in the Monitor dropdown box.
- You should now see just your powerpoint presentation full-screen, but don’t worry! You can alt-tab (hold alt and press tab on the keyboard) to switch between windows. Use alt-tab to switch back to your browser (you may have to press tab a few times to switch to the correct window).
- Open StreamYard and enter your broadcast studio, click “Share” at the bottom, then click “Share Screen.”
- Different browsers show the screen share dialogue differently. In general, from the list of windows, you want to choose “PowerPoint Slide Show” - [presentation name here]
Note: Selecting this might send you back to the Powerpoint fullscreen window; just alt-tab back
- Click “Add to Stream” on your screen share, if it wasn’t already added to stream.
- Choose one of the layouts that allow a screen share.
- Depending on your layout, you should now see something like this:
- To control the presentation, you can alt-tab back to the Powerpoint slide show window, and use spacebar/arrow keys/click to move to the next slide as normal.