Streaming to Linkedin
This feature allows you to schedule your LinkedIn Live broadcasts ahead of time! A post is generated on LinkedIn that you can share out to your email list, or other communities, before the broadcast starts. LinkedIn users also see a "Remind Me" button that they can click to RSVP. It is available for LinkedIn Profiles and Pages.
Gaining access to LinkedIn Live
Members and Pages that meet LinkedIn's livestreaming criteria will immediately be able to stream there without needing to fill out an application. Instead, you can trigger a review of your Profile/Page. If you meet the criteria, you will have instant access to stream. There are three ways to trigger a review outlined in LinkedIn's document here. The easiest way would be to try creating an event to LinkedIn through StreamYard itself. If you meet the criteria, you will be able to create the event and stream successfully!
How to Schedule a LinkedIn Live
- Connect your LinkedIn Page or Profile in the destinations section of your StreamYard dashboard.
- Go to the Home page.
- Click “Create a Broadcast”, then "New broadcast", and select the LinkedIn Page or Profile where you'd like to broadcast.
- Check the “Schedule for later option” and select the time. See the Schedule Restrictions and Considerations.
- Click “Create Broadcast”. This will generate a post on LinkedIn. You can see this post by clicking the 3 dots on the right, and selecting "View on LinkedIn".
- Click "Enter Broadcast Studio".
- When you're ready to go live, add yourself to the broadcast, and hit "Go Live".
How to Connect an Existing LinkedIn Live Event
When creating your event in LinkedIn itself, make sure that your Event Format is set to "LinkedIn Live" so you can properly connect it to StreamYard with the below steps:
- Make sure you have LinkedIn Live access first. You can apply for it here. Once you are approved, connect the LinkedIn Page or Profile hosting the event in the destinations section of your StreamYard dashboard.
- Go to the Home page.
- Click "Create a broadcast", then "New broadcast".
- Select the LinkedIn Page or Profile hosting the event, and click "Use an existing LinkedIn Event".
- Select the event you'd like to stream to, and it will be added as a destination.
Note: If your event is not appearing after clicking "Use an existing LinkedIn Event" double check that you have connected the correct LinkedIn Profile/Page to your StreamYard Destinations tab. Also ensure that the event has not already been selected as a destination on a separate stream or webinar.
Schedule Restrictions and Considerations
- You can schedule a minimum of 1 hour before your stream.
- The scheduled live time is displayed in the user’s local time.
- LinkedIn doesn't support editing/updating broadcast details through StreamYard yet. If you need to make a change, you will need to delete the already scheduled broadcast, and create a new one. Or remove it as a destination and re-add it to the broadcast.
- You can go live up to 15 minutes early
- You can go live a max of 2 hours late
- If you miss your stream (over 2 hours late) the post will update to say “cancelled” and no notifications will be sent out
- You can schedule up to 10 LinkedIn live events per day
Hoping to enable registration for your LinkedIn event? When scheduling a live event to LinkedIn directly through StreamYard, registration will be disabled by default. In order to enable registration on your event, schedule the live event directly on LinkedIn first, and then connect StreamYard to the event after following the instructions in the section above -"How to Connect an Existing LinkedIn Live Event".