What is LinkedIn Schedule Live?
This feature allows you to schedule your LinkedIn Live broadcasts up to 7 days in advance. A post is generated on LinkedIn that you can share out to your email list, or other communities, before the broadcast starts. LinkedIn users also see a "Remind Me" button that they can click to RSVP. It is available for LinkedIn Profiles and Pages.
How to Schedule a LinkedIn Live
- Make sure you have LinkedIn Live access first. You can apply for it here. Once you are approved, connect your LinkedIn Page or Profile in the destinations section of your StreamYard dashboard.
- Go to the broadcasts section
- Click “Create a Broadcast”, and select the LinkedIn Page or Profile where you'd like to broadcast.
- Check the “Schedule for later option” and select the time. See the Schedule Restrictions and Considerations.
- Click “Create Broadcast”. This will generate a post on LinkedIn. You can see this post by clicking the 3 dots on the right, and selecting "View on LinkedIn".
- Click "Enter Broadcast Studio".
- When you're ready to go live, add yourself to the broadcast, and hit "Go Live".
Schedule Restrictions and Considerations
- You can schedule up to 7 days in advance, and at minimum 1 hour before your stream.
- The scheduled live time is displayed in the user’s local time.
- The date & time, and image can’t be updated or changed after you set it.
- You can change the post copy and description on LinkedIn
- You cannot change the video title
- You can go live up to 15 minutes early
- You can go live a max of 2 hours late
- If you miss your stream (over 2 hours late) the post will update to say “cancelled” and no notifications will be sent out