Sometimes a local recording that is uploading can appear to be stuck in the uploading or processing phase. These recordings will show as incomplete on the host's end. This article lists some steps that you can try to complete the process!
Note: Make sure to not clear your browser's cache/cookies while you have incomplete local recording uploads. Clearing these files can cause the browser not to recognize and upload any stored recordings. We also do not recommend using a private browser during the broadcast for this reason.
You'll also want to double-check your Chrome settings to make sure "Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows" is not enabled. For Firefox, you'll want to make sure that the setting "Delete browsing data on quit" is not enabled. Learn more about that setting here. If it is, please disable it for the browser that is being used.
1. Refresh the StreamYard studio.
2. Close the StreamYard studio (and all other StreamYard tabs) fully, and go to streamyard.com/upload in a new tab on the same browser and device used for the broadcast. You can visit streamyard.com/upload at any time within 90 days of the broadcast to finish uploading the files.
3. Quit fully out of your browser, and reopen it.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Test your internet speeds at the Internet Speed Test site. If your upload speeds are low, this is likely why the recording is having trouble uploading fully.
6. Still having issues? Reach out to us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our 24/7 live chat at streamyard.com/contact.
Important: If you used an incognito window or a private tab during the broadcast, StreamYard will be unable to locate your recordings if you didn't finish the uploading process before leaving the studio. This is because, in incognito, none of your browsing history, cookies, and site data is stored after you've closed the tab. You will see an error stating that "We can't find your recordings" if you try to go back to the studio or the upload page in the incognito or private tab.
Hosts: How to make an incomplete recording available for download
If you're the host of the broadcast, you can choose to generate a recording of what has been uploaded by your guests.
- While logged in to your host account, navigate to the Videos tab.
- Locate and click on the recording for the broadcast.
- Next, click the 'Download' button for the incomplete broadcast.
- Click on the 'Generate' button next to the recording that you want to make available.
- The system will prepare the incomplete recording for download. The time that the process takes will depend on how long the recording is. We recommend checking back after a few minutes in order to download the file.
- You'll then be able to download the recording by clicking on "Download".