StreamYard now offers the ability to trim and split your recordings with our built-in editor. This feature is available on all plans and can be accessed in the Video Library.
How to Trim Your Recording
1. Head to your video library by clicking Library on the left.
2. Select the video/recording you'd like to trim.
3. At the top right above the video, click Edit & Repurpose.
4. Select the Videos option.
5. Click and drag the blue highlighted box to trim the beginning or end (or both) off of your video.
6. When you're done, click Save as new or click on Publish (clickable if the edited video is 20 minutes or less) to publish the video to YouTube, LinkedIn, or a Facebook page. You can learn more about publishing to Youtube here.
7. Type in a title for your trimmed clip, then click Save.
8. Depending on how long the clip is, it will take a minute or so to process.
9. Once it's done processing, you can click Download to save it to your computer, click Share to embed and/or share it, publish it to YouTube if the video is 20 mins or shorter, or even use it for a future stream!
How to Split Your Recording
In addition to trimming the ends of your recording, you can also use the Split option, if you would like to cut specific sections out of the middle of your recordings.
1. In the Trim window, position your mouse cursor over your recording, and click on the spot where you would like to split your video. You can also utilize our new transcript feature to help you navigate to a specific part of your video! Simply click on a line in the transcript and the playhead will automatically jump to that point in the recording.
2. Click the Split button to split your recording into two pieces. You can then click and drag the sides of each new piece to trim out portions of your recording. The unhighlighted sections will show you which parts of your recording are being left out.
3. If you would like to delete a segment from your recording entirely, you can click on that segment to highlight it, and click the Delete segment button to remove it from your recording. You can split and delete as many portions of your recording as you like.
4. When finished, click Save as new at the top right of the page and type in a new title for your video. Then click Save.
5. Once your edited video has finished processing, you can click the 3 dots to share, download, or embed it on your website. If you would like, you can also click Trim to edit it further.
Note: You can click on the redo and undo button to help with your editing
Can I trim and split my original recording multiple times?
Yes, you can! You can also trim an already trimmed video as well.
Do these trimmed clips take up extra storage space?
No! These additional trimmed videos do not take up extra storage.
Does this work for pre-recorded streams?
Yes! You can trim and split your pre-recorded streams after they've gone live.
Can I use trimmed recordings as pre-recorded streams?
Yes! Just click the 3 dots to the right of your trimmed recording, and click "Schedule live stream"