StreamYard now has built-in support for sharing presentations and slides! You can upload and share presentations and PDFs directly from StreamYard without having to screen-share another app.
- From inside the StreamYard studio, click "Share" at the bottom of the studio, then "Slides".
- From here, you can see your previously uploaded slides, as well as options to import from Google Slides, and upload from your computer.
- To import a Google Slides presentation, choose "Google Slides", sign in to your Google account, allow StreamYard access to Slides, choose the presentation you'd like to import, and click "Select".
Or, to upload a presentation from your computer, choose "Your Computer", and select the file from your device.
- After processing, your presentation will show up like a screen or video share in the bottom row of the studio. If necessary, click "Add to stream" on it to add it to the stream.
- You can control your presentation using the controls on-stream:
Or, in the small preview in the bottom row of the studio:
Slide sharing FAQs:
- Who can slide share? Admins, creators, cohosts, and guests all have the ability to slide share. If guests share a slide both you and them can control and present it. If team members (admins, creators, cohosts) share a slide, only they can control it.
- How many presentations can I upload? You can have up to 20 presentations saved to StreamYard at a time. Guests can upload 2 presentations at a time without creating an account.
- How many presentations can I have pre-loaded backstage at a time? You can have up to 10 presentations ready backstage at a time.
- How large can my presentation files be? The max size for uploaded presentations is currently 50MB.
- What file types are supported? Most PowerPoint and Impress files are supported, as well as PDFs.
(Keynote files should be converted to .pdf first)
You can upload the following file types: .pptx, .ppt, .pps, .ppsx, .odp, .pdf
- Are animations/audio/video supported? Animations, audio, and video in presentations are not currently supported. For the best video experience, we recommend to share a video, which is optimized for your viewers/destinations.
Need to share a presentations with animations/audio/video? You can screen-share PowerPoint or Google Slides!