StreamYard now supports virtual backgrounds, no green screen needed!
You can replace your background with a virtual background! In your StreamYard studio, click the "settings" button and open the “Virtual backgrounds” tab. Then you can choose from our library of built-in images (or "blur"), or upload your own!
Here are some tips to ensure the best possible experience:
- Lighting is essential. Make sure your backdrop is uniformly lit, so using multiple light sources can help.
- Don’t wear clothes that are the same color as your background. The more contrast the better.
- Use a powerful computer. The virtual background feature uses your graphics processor (GPU). It can run on almost all devices, but it works best on powerful devices.
- Sources for royalty free background images: Pexels, Pixabay, Unsplash.
Virtual background not working/slow?
The virtual background feature requires hardware acceleration enabled in your browser.
This is usually enabled by default, but if it's not, it can be easily enabled in Chrome's settings.
- To enable hardware acceleration in Chrome, click the 3 dots at the top right of Chrome, and click "Settings".
- Search "hardware"
- Enable "Use hardware acceleration when available", and restart Chrome if asked.
Have a real green screen behind you? Try the green screen feature instead!