On October 15th, 2021, LinkedIn made some changes to LinkedIn Events. Now, all scheduled live streams to LinkedIn Pages and LinkedIn Profiles are Live Events, and there are no scheduling limitations (i.e. you can schedule your stream longer than 7 days in advance). LinkedIn has now deprecated LinkedIn Events.
How to Create a New LinkedIn Live Event
- If you haven't already added LinkedIn as a destination, connect your LinkedIn Page or Profile on the Destinations page.
- From the Broadcasts Dashboard, click "Create a broadcast", then "New broadcast".
- Choose your LinkedIn Profile or Page destination, click "Schedule for later", and set the start time for the event.
- Then click "Create broadcast." Your scheduled LinkedIn Live Event will now be added to your LinkedIn activity. When you go live, all attendees of the event will receive a notification, and now those notifications will also reach your followers. Afterwards, your live event content will continue to be visible to anyone on the LinkedIn feed, whether they were an attendee or not.
Transfer an existing LinkedIn Event
LinkedIn no longer supports streaming to regular LinkedIn Events. Instead, all scheduled streams to your profile or page create a scheduled live event on LinkedIn! If you have upcoming broadcasts that stream to a LinkedIn Event, you can update them by following these steps:
- Head to your Upcoming Broadcasts dashboard and click the "3 dots" next to your upcoming stream. Then click "Edit."
- Unselect the LinkedIn Event Destination by clicking on it. Then click "Remove."
- Then select the LinkedIn Profile or LinkedIn Page you want to stream to.
Note: You must have LinkedIn Live access for the profile or page you want to stream to. If you don't already have access, you can apply here.
- Finish adding the details for your Live Stream Event (title and description), then click "Schedule for Later."
- Select the time and date you'd like to go live. This will create an upcoming live event post on LinkedIn that lets your followers RSVP to your event.
- Now that your new LinkedIn Live Event is scheduled, you can let your audience know you will be going live on your LinkedIn profile or page! If you send them the scheduled LinkedIn Live event post link, they can click "attend" for your live event. When you go live, all attendees of the event and all followers of your page will be notified that you are live. Afterwards, your live event content will continue to be visible to anyone on the LinkedIn feed, whether they were an attendee or not, for maximum reach.
- You can delete the old LinkedIn Event Destination here, as it's no longer needed.