StreamYard has built-in support for displaying YouTube Super Chats! You can even configure your studio so that they are automatically starred in StreamYard! Super Chats are a fun way to engage with your audience and receive donations to support your channel.
How To Enable Super Chats For Your YouTube Channel
Currently, monetization (required for Super Chat) requires 1,000 subscribers, and 4,000 public watch hours on your YouTube channel. If you meet these requirements, here's how to enable Super Chats:
- Head to the YouTube studio, and click "Monetization" on the left side.
- At the top of the screen, click "Supers", then click the blue "Get started" button.
- Scroll through the Paid Features usage agreement, type your name, email, and company name at the bottom, and click "Accept".
- The screen should refresh, and after a moment, you should see that Super Chat (and Super Stickers) are now enabled!
Automatically Starring YouTube Super Chats
Super Chats will automatically show up in StreamYard when streaming to YouTube, no other configuration is necessary! They will also be automatically starred in the StreamYard studio for your broadcast. Here's how it looks:
This makes it easy to find and display Super Chats on-stream!
If you'd rather have more control over which comments are starred, you can disable the auto-star feature. Here's how to disable the feature:
- From within your StreamYard studio, click on the "Starred" tab in the comments area.
- Slide the toggle off next to "Auto-star superchats"
That's it! They will still show in your studio chat but they will no longer be starred automatically.