You can automatically stream pre-recorded videos with StreamYard! Whether you're not able to be online at the time, are nervous about going live, or just prefer pre-recording, this allows you to easily stream any recorded video live. It's a great feature for when you need to schedule your live in advance.
Here's how to use it:
- First, pre-record a video! You can do this straight from StreamYard. You can also use a recording from your phone, camera, or any other video recording tool you use.
- Once you have a video ready, from the Home page, click "Create", and then "Live Stream."
- Click "Pre-recorded video", then choose "Select recording."
Now you can choose a file on your computer by clicking "Upload" or you can choose a previous broadcast/recording from StreamYard by clicking "Past broadcasts."
- Choose the destinations you want to stream to and select the date and time. Then enter the title and description.
- (Optional) Schedule an announcement post, to show on the destination, telling when the video will be streamed. This will also create a link for you to share!
- Click "Create broadcast", and the stream will be scheduled!
Now, from the Home page, you can click "Check status" on the broadcast to see if it's live, and to view it once it goes live. The livestream will automatically start at the specified time, and end once the video is finished.
Pre-recorded Streaming FAQs:
- Why am I having trouble uploading my video/Why is it playing back incorrectly? Try following these steps here to re-encode your video file using Handbrake, and then re-upload to StreamYard.
- Can I still show comments on-stream? No, since the stream is running automatically, and not controlled by a studio. You can still view comments on the platform (YouTube/Facebook/etc), though.
- How large of a video can I upload? You can upload videos up to 10GB in size on Basic/Pro, and up to 25GB in size on the Premium, Growth, and Business plans.
- What's the maximum bitrate for videos? You can upload videos up to 15Mbps (15,000Kbps) bitrate.
- What resolution do videos stream at? Pre-recorded broadcasts stream at up to 1080p on Professional, and up to 720p on Basic.
- What format video can I upload? You can upload .mp4 files, with H.264 video encoding.
- How long can my video be? Your videos can be up to 1 hour long on the Basic Plan, 2 hours long on the Professional Plan, 4 hours long on the Premium Plan, and, and 8 hours long on the Growth Plan and StreamYard Business Plans.
- How many pre-recorded streams can I schedule at once? You can schedule up to 5 pre-recorded streams at once on Basic and Pro. You can schedule up to 10 pre-recorded streams at once on Premium and Growth. You can schedule unlimited pre-recorded streams on StreamYard Business.
- How far in advance can I schedule a pre-recorded stream? You can schedule up to 2 weeks in advance on Basic/Pro, and 90 days in advance on StreamYard Business.
- Can I cancel a currently live pre-recorded stream? Yes! From the Home page, click "Check status" on the current live stream, and click "End broadcast early".
- Can I download a recording of my pre-recorded stream? Yes, after your pre-recorded stream is finished you will be able to download a video recording of it. However, an audio recording of this stream will not be available for download.
- Can I schedule a pre-recorded livestream using a trimmed video? Yes! You can click the three dots to the right of the trimmed video, and click "Schedule Broadcast".