You can now automatically stream pre-recorded videos with StreamYard! Whether you're not able to be online at the time, are nervous about going live, or just prefer pre-recording, this allows you to easily stream any recorded video live.
Note: When streaming to Hopin, we recommend adding a 10 second countdown timer/"waiting screen" at the beginning of your videos. In some cases, the first few seconds of a broadcast can be cut off on Hopin.
We have a simple video tutorial here:
Here's how to use it:
- Pre-record a video! You can do this straight from StreamYard (Create a broadcast, and choose "Record Only"), your phone, a camera, or any other video recording tool.
- From the Broadcasts page, click "Create a broadcast", then "Use pre-recorded video".
- Click "Select recording", then choose either "Past Broadcasts" (for a past StreamYard recording):
Or "Upload" (to upload a video from your computer):
- Choose the destinations you want to stream to and select a start time. Then enter the title and description.
- (Optional) Schedule an announcement post, to show on the destination, telling when the video will be streamed.
- Click "Create and schedule broadcast", and the stream will be scheduled!
Now, from the Broadcasts page, you can click "Check status" on the broadcast to see if it's live, and to view it once it goes live.
The livestream will automatically start at the specified time, and end once the video is finished.
Pre-recorded Streaming FAQs:
- Video not playing back correctly? Try following these steps here to re-encode your video file, and then re-upload to StreamYard.
- Can I still show comments on-stream? No, since the stream is running automatically, and not controlled by a studio. You can still view comments on the platform (YouTube/Facebook/etc), though.
- How large of a video can I upload? You can upload videos up to 10GB in size on Basic/pro, and up to 25GB in size on StreamYard Business.
- What's the maximum bitrate for videos? You can upload videos up to 15Mbps (15,000Kbps) bitrate.
- What resolution do videos stream at? Prerecorded broadcasts stream at up to 1080p on Professional, and up to 720p on Basic.
- What format video can I upload? You can upload .mp4 files, with H.264 video encoding.
- How long can my video be? Your videos can be up to 1 hour long on the Basic plan, 2 hours long on the Professional plan, and 8 hours long on StreamYard Business.
- How many pre-recorded streams can I schedule at once? You can schedule up to 5 pre-recorded streams at once on Basic/Pro, and unlimited on StreamYard Business
- How far in advance can I schedule a pre-recorded stream? You can schedule up to 2 weeks in advance on Basic/Pro, and 90 days in advance on StreamYard Business.
- Can I cancel a currently live pre-recorded stream? Yes! From the Broadcasts page, click "Check status" on the current live stream, and click "End broadcast early"