StreamYard makes it easy to deliver high-quality content for your webinar, either by yourself or with guest speakers! In most cases, you'll want to limit the audience to a certain group of people. There are many ways to do that, and we'll go over the easiest methods here.
Hopin integrates directly with StreamYard, and allows high-quality, easy to use webinars and virtual conferences. Their free plan allows up to 100 registrants to participate in an webinar or live event up to 2 hours long. Here's how to stream to Hopin.
Unlisted YouTube Stream:
YouTube allows you to easily keep a stream "private", so only those who have the link can access it.
Note: There's nothing preventing viewers from sharing this link with others.
- Connect your YouTube channel from the "Add a destination" page.
- From the Broadcasts page, click "Create a broadcast", and select your YouTube destination.
- Enter a title and description, and for the Privacy, choose Unlisted.
Schedule for later if desired, otherwise click "Create broadcast".
- To share your webinar to viewers, enter the broadcast studio (if not already inside), click the YouTube logo in the top right (next to "Go live"), and click "View on YouTube".
- From the YouTube stream page, click Share to get the sharing link for the stream.
- Once it's time to start the webinar, click "Go live" in the StreamYard studio, and you'll be on the air!
Private Facebook Group:
Facebook allows creating private groups, which are only viewable by approved members. This allows you to easily limit who can view your streams.
Note: This does require viewers to have a Facebook account to view the stream.
- Connect your private Facebook group from the "Add a destination" page.
Group not showing up? Check the steps here to make sure StreamYard has access.
- From the Broadcasts page, click "Create a broadcast", and select your Facebook group destination.
- Enter a title and description. Schedule for later if desired, otherwise click "Create broadcast".
- Group members should (by default) receive a notification when you go live, but to share your webinar externally, enter the broadcast studio (if not already inside.)
If you haven't scheduled the stream, click "Go Live" to start streaming. (Not necessary immediately if you scheduled the stream.)
Then, click the Facebook logo in the top right of the studio, and click "View on Facebook" to go to your stream.