Voicemeeter (for Windows) allows easy routing of audio from desktop/apps (including Zoom) and microphones to a single source that can be used in StreamYard. For a detailed breakdown of how to setup and use Voicemeeter, their User Manual can be found here.
Use MacOS? Check out Loopback instead!
Setting up Voicemeeter:
- Download and install Voicemeeter. Restart your computer after installing.
- Search "voicemeeter" in the Start menu, and click Voicemeeter to launch it.
- Click the 1 at the top left, and select the microphone you'd like to use (the name will depend on what microphone you are using.)
- Click A1 at the top right, and select the speakers/headphones you'd like to use (the name will depend on what speakers/headphones you are using.)
- For column 1 ("HARDWARE INPUT"), disable A and enable B.
For column 2, disable A and B.
For column 3 ("VIRTUAL INPUT"), enable A and B.
Your configuration should now look like this:
Setting up StreamYard:
- In a StreamYard studio, click Cam/Mic at the bottom, and click Audio on the left.
- In the dropdown box under Mic, choose VoiceMeeter Output.
- In the dropdown box under Speakers, choose the speakers/headphones you'd like to use (the name will depend on what speakers/headphones you are using.)
This is important. If Voicemeeter is set as your Speaker device instead, other people in your StreamYard studio will hear echo/feedback.
Setting up other apps:
To send audio from apps like Zoom or Spotify to StreamYard, their output device needs to be set to VoiceMeeter Input.
Some apps allow setting their individual output device separately from the default output device in Windows.
In Settings -> Audio, set the Speaker device to VoiceMeeter Input, and the Microphone to the microphone you'd like to use.
Changing the default Windows output device:
For apps that don't allow setting their individual output device, the default output device in Windows needs to be changed.
- Right click the sound icon on the taskbar, and click Open Sound Settings.
- Change the default Output device to VoiceMeeter Input