While StreamYard can be used on nearly any device, there's some general requirements and recommendations for hardware and software that can help provide the best possible experience.
Other browsers may work with StreamYard, but these are the browsers we recommend for the best experience.
- Windows, MacOS & Linux: Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Opera
- Android: Chrome or Firefox
- iOS & iPadOS: Safari
Streaming requires a lot of data, and a consistent connection, but your current internet provider should be fine. We recommend always connecting via ethernet to your router when possible; WiFi will work in most cases, but not as well, and could cause issues.
In general, we recommend at least 5Mbps upload and download speed.
You can test your internet with Speedtest, or with TestMy.Net on mobile.
StreamYard can work on a variety of devices, but these are the recommended system requirements for the best experience.
Windows, MacOS & Linux:
- CPU: Modern (2015+) quad core Intel or AMD CPU (at least i7-6700hq or equivalent)
- RAM: 4gb minimum, 6-8gb recommended
- GPU: The iGPU in any modern CPU should be more than enough
Note: The green screen effect is more GPU-intensive, so a more powerful, dedicated Nvidia/AMD GPU may be required.
- Storage: SSD recommended