StreamYard now has a giveaway tool! This allows you to easily select a random member of your audience for a giveaway or drawing. Comments from all destinations are included, so it's a great way to increase audience engagement on your show.
We have a simple video tutorial here:
Here's how to use it:
- Create a broadcast from the StreamYard Broadcasts page.
- Engage your audience! Let them know you're be hosting a giveaway/drawing, and tell them to leave a comment to enter. You can either specify text to be required in the comment, or include all comments. You can use a hashtag (eg: "#theyard"), word, or phrase for the text.
- In a new tab, open the StreamYard giveaway page, and choose your broadcast from the list.
- Enter the text you want to search comments for, or leave it blank, and click "Start Collecting Comments.
The text is not case-sensitive (so, "#theyard" will also match "#THEYARD" and "#TheYard".)
For this tutorial, we'll be using "#theyard".
- To show the giveaway drawing to your audience, head back to the StreamYard studio and screen share the Giveaway tab by clicking "Share" at the bottom of the screen, then "Share Screen".
In Google Chrome, you can do this by sharing the giveaway Chrome tab:
In Firefox (or other browsers), you can drag the giveaway tool into its own window, and share the window:
- Once you're ready to do the drawing, click Draw!
- After it decides a winner, their name and profile picture will be shown on screen.
The color of the winner text and confetti is based on your Brand color, and can be changed in the StreamYard studio in the Brand section.
Pro tip: Make sure to let your winner know where to reach you to send them their winnings!
Currently, if using the giveaway tool multiple times in one stream, viewers can win more than once.
You can use the same text/hashtag for multiple drawings, or change it up each time.