StreamYard now has full support for keyboard shortcuts, and supports the Elgato StreamDeck! You can easily assign buttons for toggling your mic/camera, switching layouts, and more!
- If necessary, head to Elgato's website and download the Stream Deck software.
Select "Stream Deck" in the left dropdown box, and your platform (Mac or Windows) in the right selection box.
Click the download button to download the installer.
- Install the the software, connect the Stream Deck, and restart your computer (if asked, or if the Stream Deck isn't recognized.)
- Create or enter a StreamYard studio.
From here, you can either use our pre-built Stream Deck profile, or create your own.
Using our profile:
Note: If you've changed the default hotkeys in StreamYard, you'll need to either reset them, or modify the hotkeys in this profile to match.
- In StreamYard, add the following hotkeys:
Bind "Go Live" and "End broadcast" both to "Shift+G"
Bind "Open Settings" to "Shift+O"
- Download the Stream Deck profile here.
- Open up the Stream Deck software, and click the gear in the top right corner.
- Click to the Profiles tab, then click the arrow in the bottom right, and click "Import..."
- Navigate to the file you downloaded earlier, select it, and click Open
- If it wasn't automatically selected, select the new StreamYard profile, and then close the Preferences window
- You should now have a layout that looks like this:
And like this on your Stream Deck:
Creating your own profile:
- Inside a StreamYard studio, click Cam/Mic, then Hotkeys to view your current hotkeys.
- Open up the Stream Deck software.
- Drag a "Hotkey" action (in the "System" group) from the right side to a button spot.
- Assign the hotkey to one of StreamYard's hotkeys.
- Add a title in the Title field (or leave it blank), and add an icon by choosing one from your computer, or creating one with Elgato's Keycreator.
You can also download StreamYard's official icons here!
- Repeat this process for all the hotkeys you want to configure.
Stream Deck buttons not working, or activating things in other apps? Make sure you're "clicked-in" to the StreamYard window so it's active; keypresses from the Stream Deck are sent to the currently active app.