Sometimes, unexpected errors can arise when connecting to Facebook. In a pinch, you can use a custom RTMP connection to broadcast to your Facebook Live Event in your group. Here's how:
Head to the Facebook Live Producer page and on the left, click on Choose where to post and select Post in group and then select your group.
On the right, choose Create live video event from selections.
- Enter the details of the event on the left hand side and set the date and time of your stream.
- Create the event, then select Set up live video in the confirmation window.
Select Streaming software and enable Persistent stream key so the stream key remains the same for future events.
- If you'd like the stream to start automatically at the scheduled time on Facebook, enable Go live automatically at scheduled start time. If you do not enable this, you'll need to manually click go live on the Facebook event (see step 11).
- In a new tab (leaving the Facebook tab open), head to the StreamYard RTMP destination page.
Copy the Server URL and Stream Key from Facebook to StreamYard as a new Custom RTMP Destination, and add a nickname (this can be anything you like).
Create a new live stream and select your RTMP Destination.
- Enter your studio, and click Go live in the upper right hand corner to begin streaming to the Facebook Event.
After going live in StreamYard, head back over to your Facebook tab and click Go Live in the Facebook Live Producer as well. You need to click Go live in both places to begin the live stream to the group. If you have Go live automatically at scheduled start time enabled (see step 6), you can skip this step.
Why can't I see a viewer count or comments from my RTMP stream to my group?
When streaming via RTMP to Facebook, it is not possible to receive comments or see your viewer count in the studio.
Why isn't the stream starting in my Facebook Group after I click go live?
In order for the live stream to start you need to click Go live in both the StreamYard studio and the Facebook event. Double check to make sure you have clicked Go live in both places.
Why I don't see where to click "Go live" in the Facebook Event?
If you left the stream setup window in your event, you can return to it by entering the event, the clicking "Set up live video" again. You will not need to repeat the setup steps!