To connect to an event, you must be a host/co-host of the event. You can connect to Facebook events via a custom RTMP destination in StreamYard
How to connect an event
- Create your event from the Events page on Facebook, and select "Online"
- Choose "General"
- Fill out the details (name, date, privacy, etc), and click Next.
- Choose "Facebook live", and click Next.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the event, and click Next.
- (Optional) Upload a cover photo, and click "Publish Event" (or "Create Event", depending on your privacy setting).
- Click "Set up live video" at the top right of the event page.
- Choose "Streaming Software" at the top to display the RTMP information.
- Click "Advanced settings", and enable "Persistent Stream Key"
Persistent Stream Key allows you to re-use the same RTMP information if you go live to the same event multiple times.
- (Optional, but recommended) Enable "Go live automatically at scheduled start time" at the top left of the page.
Without this enabled, you would need to go back to this Facebook page and click "Go live now" at the bottom left to start the stream, after going live in StreamYard.
- Click "Save changes" at the bottom left of the page, then click "Set Up Live Video" on your event again to go back to the RTMP information.
If the video source defaulted back to Webcam, choose "Streaming Software" again.
- In a new browser tab, head to the StreamYard "Add a destination" page, and choose "Custom RTMP".
- Copy the "Server URL" from Facebook to the "RTMP Server URL" field in StreamYard, and the "Stream Key" from Facebook to the "Stream key" field in StreamYard.
The Nickname can be whatever you'd like, and is only shown in StreamYard.
- Click "Add RTMP server", and your Event destination is good to go!
- When ready to go live, create a broadcast in StreamYard, choose the Event RTMP destination, and click "Go Live" in the top right.
If you didn't enable "Go live automatically at scheduled start time" earlier, you'll also need to head back to the event's live video page, and click "Go Live now" at the bottom left of the page.