To connect to an event, you must be a host/co-host of the event. You can connect to Facebook events via a custom RTMP destination in StreamYard
How to connect an event
- Create your event from the Events page on Facebook, and select "Online"
- Fill out the details (Event Name, Date, Privacy), and click Next
- Choose "Facebook Live" as the Location, and click Next
- Fill out the description, and click Next
- Add a cover photo if desired, and finally click "Create Event"
- Click "Set Up Live Video"
- Click "Get Started" (if necessary), and select "Use Stream Key"
- In another tab, open the Custom RTMP destination page on StreamYard, copy-paste/enter the Server URL and Stream Key from Facebook, and then click "Add RTMP Server"
Note: We also recommend enabling "Use a Persistent Stream Key" on Facebook, as that makes it easier to go live again if you end the first broadcast
- Create a broadcast in StreamYard, and select your new RTMP event destination
- Once it's time to go live, click "Go live" in the StreamYard studio first, then once the video shows up on Facebook, click "Go Live" there as well, and you'll be on air