TikTok has not rolled out live streaming to everyone yet. You may not have access.
TikTok has slowly begun offering the ability to go live on their platform with third-party streaming software using Custom RTMP. There are specific requirements for gaining access.
Looking to post clips to TikToks instead? Click here.
How do I check if I have access to stream to TikTok?
To stream from a computer you must have access to the TikTok Live Studio. TikTok has yet to publish official guidelines on how creators can get access to TikTok Live RTMP. However, many creators who reach between 25,000 followers and more have seen the option to live stream activated in their accounts.
Here’s how you check and see if you qualify to live stream:
- Open the TikTok mobile app and select the plus sign at the bottom to create a new post
- Swipe over to the LIVE option.
- If you are eligible to stream from your desktop, you should see three options: Device camera, Mobile gaming, Live Studio. If Live Studio appears, you are eligible to stream to TikTok from your desktop.
How to go live on TikTok
- Log into TikTok through your desktop browser, go to your profile, and click Go LIVE.
- This should redirect you to livecenter.tiktok.com/producer
- Scroll down and click on Go LIVE.
- Pick your stream category and title, then click Save & Go LIVE. This does not actually start the live stream.
- Under Stream Setting, locate your Server URL and your Stream Key.
Head on back over to StreamYard. Go to your Destinations tab, click Add a Destination, and then Custom RTMP.
Copy the URL and Stream Key provided by TikTok, and paste them into the corresponding sections on StreamYard. Click Add RTMP Server when finished.
- Go to your Home tab, click the Create button, and then click Live Stream to create a new stream. Here, you can select the TikTok destination you added and create a studio!
Will I be able to see comments from TikTok in StreamYard while streaming?
It is not possible to see comments inside your StreamYard studio when going live on TikTok. In order to see comments, you would need to keep the stream window open on TikTok to see them directly there.
Does StreamYard stream or record vertical video (9:16 layout)?
No, StreamYard does not stream vertical video at this time. All streams are in a 16:9 horizontal (widescreen) format.
Looking to post clips to TikToks instead?
Everyone can post clips to TikTok. There are no requirements. Click here to learn how to post clips to TikTok.