Camera showing as a black screen with a spinning circle?
If you are on a connection at a place of work, or using a work-provided device, there may be certain privacy measures in place such as a Firewall or Proxy that is blocking connections StreamYard requires to function.
If you are using a Firewall/Proxy, you can either allow access to StreamYard through your firewall or disable the firewall altogether.
Allowing StreamYard access through a firewall:
If you have a router-level firewall, or otherwise do not want to completely disable your firewall, you can also allow StreamYard access through your firewall. StreamYard requires inbound and outbound access through TCP ports 80 and 443. If you're able to whitelist an IP address/domain name, also whitelist streamyard.com and all subdomains.
Disabling the firewall on Windows:
- Open Start menu. Search "Control Panel" in the start menu, and click on the result.
- Click "System and Security".
Note: If this does not show up, make sure your "View by:" is set to "Category".
- Click "Windows Defender Firewall".
- Click "Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off".
- Check "Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)" for your current network type, and click "OK".
Note: "Private" is most likely your current network type, but if unsure, check under both Private and Public network settings.
Disabling the firewall on MacOS:
- Click the Apple menu at the top left of your screen, and choose "System Preferences".
- Click "Security & Privacy".
- Click to the "Firewall" tab, and click "Turn Off Firewall".
Note: You may be prompted to enter your password to make this change.
Using a Proxy
You can use StreamYard with a Proxy if you remove restrictions to turn.streamyard.com and turn2.streamyard.com. You can also allow turn and turn2.streamyard.com connections directly without going through the proxy.
videows.streamyard.com is also required for websocket traffic.
Make sure your proxy is not limiting the number of simultaneous connections OR limiting the packets in one/both directions in those connections to the turn2.streamyard.com server.
The full list of StreamYard's required domains is as follows:
- streamyard.com: Main website
- turn.streamyard.com: Used for TCP fallback when UDP unavailable
- turn2.streamyard.com: Used for TCP fallback when UDP unavailable (backup)
- videows.streamyard.com: Websocket connection address
If you're still having issues accessing StreamYard, please reach out to us here!