Screen sharing is an awesome way to present a slideshow or show a website. You can share images, Powerpoints, Keynotes, PDFs, and more. Both you and your guests can share a screen.
Screen sharing works best when you have two monitors. Two monitors make it easy to click from slide to slide while you’re still controlling the live stream on the other monitor.
How to Screen Share
Follow these steps to share your screen on Chrome:
- In the broadcast studio, click "Share Screen” at the bottom of the page. Your guests have this option as well.
- If a list of screen sharing tips appears, click the blue “Share Screen” button.
- Another popup will appear with three options:
- Your Entire Screen: Shares your entire desktop screen
- Application Window: Lets you choose one application at a time; great for sharing a PowerPoint or keynote.
- Chrome Tab: Lets you share a website, or ANY file from your computer. To share a file, open a new Chrome tab and drag/drop a file into the new tab. Then share the tab in StreamYard. See screen sharing a video with audio below for an example.
- Click "Share", and your screen will be added to your show. Use the layout buttons under the screen to change how the screen appears alongside you and your guests. Click the tile that lights up blue to REMOVE the screen share.
Screen sharing a video with audio
- Open a new Chrome tab.
- Drag/drop a video file from your computer to the new Chrome tab. Your cursor should show a "+" symbol when dragging the file over Chrome.
- In StreamYard, click "Share Screen".
- If a list of tips appears, click the blue “Share Screen” button.
- In the popup, choose "Chrome Tab", check "Share audio", and select the Chrome tab with your video file.
NOTE: To share audio from your screen you MUST check the “Share audio” box.
Screen sharing with audio is only supported on Chrome.
Changing screen/video share layouts
StreamYard currently has 4 share layouts available, News, Screen, PIP (picture-in-picture), and Cinema.