In order to connect a Facebook Group as a destination to your StreamYard account, you must be an admin of that group. Facebook also requires that you add StreamYard as an app to your Facebook group.
How to connect a group
- Log into Facebook with the account that is an admin of the group you want to connect.
- Go to your StreamYard Destinations tab.
- Click Facebook Group then click Connect Facebook.
- Click Continue as Your Name then click Ok.
- Choose the group you’d like to connect.
- Follow the steps listed to add the StreamYard app to your Facebook Group.
- Go back to your StreamYard tab. The page should update and your group will be connected.
You can watch a video on how to connect your Facebook Group here.
What if your group is not listed?
There are a few reasons why your Facebook group may not show up on StreamYard.
You're not an admin
Your profile must be an admin of a group to connect it to StreamYard. If your group is owned by a page, you’ll want to make sure your profile is also an admin. See how to make your profile an admin of the group.
You're logged in to the wrong Facebook profile
On facebook.com, you must be logged in to the profile that is an admin of the group you’re trying to connect.
You haven’t granted permissions for the specific group
When first connecting to Facebook, StreamYard asks for a number of permissions. You may have clicked Choose what you allow, which lets you choose which groups StreamYard can access. If you turn off any groups, StreamYard won’t have access to them or any new groups you join AFTER connecting to StreamYard. In this case, you’ll need to reauthorize Facebook.
You haven't enabled "Live" and "Create Events"
Facebook groups may require manually enabling live streaming and create events as a post option. To enable this, go to the group's page, click Group Settings on the left, scroll down to Manage Discussion and click the pencil button next to Post Settings.
Then, under Post Formats, enable both Live and Create Events and click Save. Here's our doc on how to follow each of these steps.
How to make your profile an admin
Facebook allows you to create groups from pages. If your group is owned by a page, you’ll need to make sure your personal profile is an admin in order to be able to connect it to StreamYard. Follow these steps to make your profile an admin on your group.
- Navigate to your group on Facebook. To find it, you may need to start on the Facebook page that created the group and click on the “Groups” button.
- On your group, click Members.
- Find your profile, click the three dots, and click Invite as Admin.
- Go back to StreamYard and try connecting the group again.