If you are using Firefox version 116 and above, you may have noticed that you are unable to choose which device you would like to use for your speaker within StreamYard. This is due to a current bug within Firefox.
The Firefox team is aware of this and is working to have it fixed as soon as possible.
If you encounter this issue, we suggest changing your default output device/speaker in your operating system settings. This article covers how to do this in Windows and MacOS.
Setting your default speaker in Windows
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Select Sound and click on the Playback tab in the new window that appears.
Note: You can also right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar then click on Sounds to access this setting.
- Next, right-click on the connected device that you would like to use and select Set as Default Device. If you want to use a disabled device, you would need to re-enable it first.
- Click on OK to close the window and head back over to StreamYard.
You can also find instructions on how to do this on Microsoft's website here.
Setting your default speaker in MacOS
- Go to your Apple Menu and select System Settings.
- Next, click Sound in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
- Click Output on the right, then select the device you want to use in the list of sound output devices.
You will see all sound output devices available to your Mac listed here. This will include the computer’s internal speakers, devices plugged into your computer’s sound port (Audio port icon), USB speakers, and AirPlay devices.
- Go back to the tab with StreamYard.
You can also find instructions on how to do this on Apple's website here.