What is SSO?
Single sign-on (SSO) is a user authentication service that allows a user to use one set of login credentials (for example, a username and password) to access multiple applications.
How to enable SSO?
- Reach out to support to enable SSO. You must be on the Business plan.
- Your organization admin will receive an email to set up SSO.
- The organization admin will log in to their StreamYard account and configure WorkOS. is a third-party tool we use to support all SAML & OIDC single sign-ons.
WorkOS will walk you through each step needed, depending on your IdP provider.
- Once WorkOS is configured, the organization admin can enable SSO.
Note: SSO is not enabled by default, in case the organization admin wants to do additional testing after WorkOS is configured.
- Once SSO has been enabled by the Organization Admin, all team members will receive an email to log in using SSO. They will then be redirected to log in with SSO if they try to log in with an email address that is associated with the SSO platform.
What plans is SSO available on?
SSO is available on the Business Plan.
Does this feature also include SSO viewers for On-Air?
No, this is a separate feature. SSO viewers for On-Air do not have a timeline yet.
Can I have multiple domains?
Yes, you can add as many supported domains as you'd like! All of the domains must use the same SSO provider. We don't support multiple SSO providers for a single team. Contact us to add another domain to your account!
Can I use a group email (for example, email@example.com) to sign in with SSO?
No, you must log in to StreamYard with the same individual email address that you use to authenticate through your SSO portal. In some rare cases, group email addresses can work if you are able to authenticate with that group email address through your SSO portal.