Customize your On-Air live stream to make it your own! StreamYard allows you to change the color scheme for your webinar and add your own logo that will show up on the registration page, within the emails, and on the watch page.
This article covers how to customize your webinar after it has been created. To learn more about StreamYard On-Air including how to create one, please click here.
Customizing StreamYard On-Air
After successfully creating an On-Air, you will be shown an optional second window.
1. Click on "On-Air branding and settings" to get started.
Or, for a previously created On-Air, go to the Broadcasts tab, then click on the three dots to the right of the webinar name, and finally click on "On-Air branding and settings" from here as shown below:
2. This will bring up the On-Air Settings preview page. Here, you can customize the branding and settings of your On-Air webinar while seeing a preview of what it will look like for your viewers!
3. In the Branding tab, click on the colored square to choose the color theme for your On-Air webinar. If you know the hex code for the exact color you would like, you can enter it in the box to the right. Once you chose a color and logo, that is then the new default for all future webinars created - you can change this again at any time.
4. Next, click the + button to upload and choose a custom logo of your choice, and click Upload Thumbnail to upload a thumbnail image for your On-Air webinar. We recommend using a JPG, PNG, or GIF (with a transparent background) image that is 200x200px in size for your logo. Thumbnails should be 1280x720px in size.
5. In the Preview section, you can click between the three options to preview what your webinar customization will look like on the registration page, watch page, and reminder emails.
6. Switch between Page and Embed at the top to preview what your webinar will look like on the watch page, or embedded.
7. In the Watch Page tab you can adjust the settings for:
Live Chat - This option will add a live chat for viewers to chat in, including adding emoji reactions! You can show these comments on-screen during your stream as well. The chat can be disabled at any time by the host.
The Live Chat can also be embedded into your website along with the On-Air webinar. Learn more about this here!
- Available on-demand - This will allow viewers to watch the recording after the webinar has ended. The host will still get a private recording of the stream in the video library after every stream regardless of whether this selection is enabled or disabled. Additionally, an email will be sent to attendees containing a link to watch the recording if registration is enabled before the webinar ends.
- Live viewer count - You can choose to allow viewers to see how many people in total are watching your webinar on the watch page or you can disable this to hide it.
These settings will be enabled by default, but you can toggle them on or off:
8. The Registration tab on the left allows you to toggle Registration on or off for your webinar. You can use our default registration form or customize it to collect even more information. Learn how to add custom registration fields here.
9. In the Registrants tab you can manage your registrations. Click Export CSV to export a CSV of your registration list. You can click the three dots next to a registrant, and click Remove to remove them.
10. When you are satisfied with your customization, click Share to share your webinar.
11. Here, you can copy the watch link for your webinar to send to viewers, or copy the embed code for embedding onto your website.
12. Click the three dots to the right to retrieve your guest invite link, edit your webinar details, enter the studio, or delete your webinar entirely.
I don't want my webinar to have a logo. Can I remove it?
Yes! Simply click on the logo that is being used to disable the feature.
If I delete a logo from one webinar, will it be removed from another as well?
No. If you delete a logo from the settings area for one On-Air, it will not delete the logo from an older/past/scheduled webinar that is still using that logo. This is because the combination of logo and color choice is saved per On-Air.
What happens if I need to go back and change the logo and color scheme?
There is no limit to the number of times that you can change the logo and color scheme for your On-Air broadcast before it starts and while it is live. It is not possible to update this setting after it has ended though. Additionally, the changes made (once saved) will be reflected in real-time. This means that attendees on the registration page (if enabled) and the watch page will see the new logo and/or color scheme.
How do the Live Chat reactions work?
To add a reaction:
1. Enter or join the chat on the watch page or within the studio if you are the host or a guest. You'll see the standard ‘add reactions icon’ next to each On Air Comment.
2. Click on it and select the reaction of your choice!