Follow these steps if StreamYard is unable to access your camera/mic on Android.
Note: Every Android device is different , and may have a slightly different layout, but the steps should be similar for most devices.
Check to make sure you're using the correct browser
When opening a StreamYard link on an Android device, the studio may open in the Android device's default browser which can have compatibility issues with StreamYard at times. Make sure you're using the Google Chrome browser application to enter the StreamYard studio on your Android. Firefox can work as well.
Ensure your browser has camera and microphone access
- From the home screen or app drawer, tap on the "Setting" app.
- Tap on "Apps" (or "Apps & Notifications").
- Tap on your browser ("Chrome", "Firefox", etc).
If your browser doesn't show up immediately, tap "See all apps", find it in the list, then tap on it.
- Tap on "Permissions".
- If "Camera" shows up under "Not allowed"/"Blocked", tap on it.
- Tap "Allow only while using the app".
- Repeat steps 5-6 for "Microphone".
- Switch back to your browser, and refresh the StreamYard studio.
- If prompted to allow Camera/Mic access, tap "While using the app".